HBO NOW is actually a kind of subscription service which gives a video on demand. It is operated by the American premium satellite and cable television network called HBO. The service lets subscribers get on-demand pass to HBO’s own library of fine original programming, films and other types of content on their personal devices like tablets, smartphones, computers and more. It can be accessed using a monthly subscription through an authorized distributor. Just like you can subscribe to the service, HBO now cancel is a thing which can be carried out as well. But before we get into the details, let’s know more about it.
Does it need a television subscription for usage?
Unlike HBO GO, HBO NOW is actually available just like a standalone service and it doesn’t require any kind of TV subscription to be used. It is targeting those who don’t use a cable but actually use other kinds of competing services.
What kind of content is there?
HBO NOW generously offers on-demand access to a lot of the channel’s original library. It doesn’t carry much from the previous series like Tales from the Crypt, The Ricky Gervais Show and more. But you can stream films from HBO’s library using the content partners like Warner Bros. Pictures, Universal Pictures, and more.
What content or features does it not have?
- It is mostly a video on demand kind of service which doesn’t have access to real-time streams of HBO’s linear channels. This is kind of a disadvantage as this service is offered by other television networks everywhere.
- It also doesn’t include content or programming streams from its sister service Cinemax. The parent company Warner Bros has indicated that they don’t really plan on launching any kind of companion service for the network soon.
Where is it available?
HBO NOW is currently only available to the customers living in the US and a certain number of its territories. HBO currently can’t offer its services outside the country due to regional restrictions. There are terms of services and use, which actually forbid the streaming service from being used anywhere outside of the US. If you use VPN (Virtual Private Network) to bypass the geoblocking and use the service, then you could have your service privileges terminated and that too without any refunds. Users can also get HBO content as a form of a premium add-on for DirecTV Now, Amazon Video, Hulu and more. The price is almost the same as HBO NOW.
How to Cancel HBO NOW subscription?
This is a question whose answer everyone wants to know. That’s because not everyone wants to pay regular monthly charges for media which they can likely get in other streaming services. But there are many ways to cancel the subscription depending upon the who your subscription is being billed through.
- For iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch cancellation: To cancel HBO NOW from here. You will just have to go to setting, then to your name and then get into the iTunes and App Store. Now tap the Apple ID which is located along the top of the screen. Then Tap views the Apple ID and signs in if you are prompted. After that go to subscriptions and find your HBO NOW one. You can now either turn off automatic renewal or cancel the subscriptions.
- For Mac: First, launch iTunes and then click on your name which is at the top. Now go to your account info. Then scroll right down to the settings present in your account page information. Now click on Manage, to the right of subscriptions. Choose HBO NOw and then go to settings to tap on Manage. After that, click on edit and opt for the off option when it comes to auto renewal. Lastly, click Done.
- For Amazon: Firstly, go straight to the memberships and subscriptions. Then click on Manage Subscriptions which is present right next to the subscription you want to get rid off. Now, just click on the End Subscription options and confirm.
- For Google Play Store: Launch the app first and then go to your account. From there go to subscriptions and select HBO NOW in the list. Now, click on manage and then select Cancel Subscription.
- For Hulu App: Open Hulu and then go to your account. Now tap on Manage and then proceed to scroll down till you reach ‘You Have This’. This will be in the HBO section. Now the text should change to ‘You Want To Remove This.’ Scroll down on that and tap on continue. That green button will cancel your HBO NOW subscription.
- For the Roku website: Visit Roku’s website and then sign in to your account. Now head straight towards ‘Manage Your Subscriptions’. There you will find your HBO NOW Subscription which you can then choose to unsubscribe.
What is HBO Go?
HBO Go was briefly mentioned above in relation to HBO NOW, but essentially it is a TV everywhere service. It allows the HBO subscribers and users to stream various video on the demand selections of HBO. This includes specials, past films, series and more. You can use the HBO website, apps, video game consoles and others to watch it.
How to cancel HBO Go subscription?
Surely, you would like to know how to get rid of this as well if you are saying goodbye to HBO NOW. But just like with NOW, the cancellation steps vary according to the subscriptions you are being billed through.
- From iPhone or iPad via iTunes: Open up your device settings and then go to iTunes and App Store. When there, tap on your Apple ID which is at the top. Then, Tap ‘View Apple ID’ and sign in when prompted. After signing in, go to Subscriptions and find your HBO Go subscription. From there, you can either select cancel subscription or just turn off automatic renewal.
- From Google PlayStore: Open the Play Store App on your tab or phone. Then go to the Menu button and head over to your account. From there go down to subscriptions and find HBO Go in the list. Now, just tap on cancel.
HBO NOW and HBO Go are amazing streaming services which offer a lot of content. But you don’t have to keep paying for services which you don’t want to see content from them for any reason. These un-subscribing methods will help you out there.